Posted by robertpriddy on June 19, 2007
Prime Ministers, Presidents and top people in India worship this absurd Indian Avatar!
Sathya Sai Baba firmly claims in many contexts that the events described in the Ramayana, the Mahabharata incl. Bhagavad Gita, and the Srimad Bhagavatha took place! He insists that:-
1) he was himself Krishna and was 84 years old at time of Mahabharata war (Summer Showers at Brindavan 1978, page 58)
2) that this war took place in 3138 BC. (Summer Roses on the Blue Mountains 1976. p. 85f)
3) that as Krishna he performed the miracles described, such as multi-location of his body in a simultaneous dance with six thousand cowgirls (gopis)! (Sathya Sai Speaks Vol. 26, pps. 27-29)
4) that he was also Lord Rama and did what is told in the Ramayana, defeating demons, flying in mantra-driven ‘airplanes’, killing Ravana, banishing his wife. Sai Baba strongly affirms the literal truth of these scriptural ‘tales’, as is seen in the following conversation:-
Dr. J. Hislop: “Sometimes Swami speaks of the Ramayana and the Mahabharata as if they were historical, and sometimes as if they were to be taken as representative of every individual’s inner conflicts, virtues, bad qualities etc. Are these events and people historical fact?”
Sai “Yes they are a record of historical people and incidents… Rama was a real person and an Avathar. And Dasaratha was His father. Krishna was real and the events of His Avathara were real. Rama’s life, over the ages, has been altered and distorted somewhat, and Swami’s story of Rama will be a classic through several Yugas.”
(Conversations with ‘Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba’ by Dr. John Hislop – 155 new ed. 129 old ed.)
5) That he is also no less than the avatar Lord Vishnu, come again to save humanity, as predicted in the mythology of the Srimad Bhagavatha.
Comment: So What about giants? Seems the Kentucky creationists have left out an important era of prehistory (perhaps they are too ignorant?). That is, if Sathya Sai Baba’s divine testimony is anything to go by!
Dr. John Hislop once asked him:
“Swami once mentioned that if we could see Rama today we would be much surprised at His appearance.”
Sai replied “In the age prior to that of Rama, people were accustomed to measure the distance from the fingertips to the elbow. At that time, the norm for the height of a person was 14 times the measurement… In the Threta Yuga, the age of Rama, the norm for height had reduced to seven times the distance of fingertip to elbow. For the Kali Yuga, the multiple is three and one half.” (Conversations with Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba by J. Hislop, page 129f)
Comment: Fingertip to elbow measures 19 ins. So Rama was 14 time 19 inches high which = 266 inches.
That’s 22 feet, 2 inches high! (Rama and Co. could have been prehistory’s Harlem Globetrotters!)
Oh yes, the first aeroplanes – India flew them over 3000 years ago!
Dr. Hislop also asked: “In those days they had aeroplanes, did they not?” Sai answered: “The first was ‘Pushpak’. The one Ravana used to kidnap Sita.” (Comment: Sita was, of course, Rama’s wife…which also means, according to Sathya Sai Baba’s claims, his former wife in his former body).
Hislop asked: “Did they use atomic energy for power?” Sai answered: “No. By the power of mantra the plane would fly. Mantras were used to shoot arrows. The arrows were worshipped to make them effective. When Arjuna heard of Krishna’s death, he forgot all mantras and was powerless.” (Conversations with Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba by J. Hislop, page 130f)