Posted by robertpriddy on August 2, 2007
1) Original photo of the Turin Shroud negative image by National Geographic
2) Painting by Ariel Agemian, combined with the image on the Holy Shroud of Turin, scanned it from a three-dimensional card which had both images on it.
Image by artish Aggemian on left - Turin image right
3) Alleged colour photo ‘transformed by Sai Baba miracle’ from the black-and-white version
It was shown on a recent exhaustive Discovery Channel research programme exactly how one can recreate the exact three-dimensional effects as seen on the Turin shroud with technology available at the time of Leonardo (involving stereoscopic mirrors and lenses) . Whatever the truth about it, however, Sathya Sai Baba has exceeded himself in allegedly taking a black-and-white photo of the Turin shroud image, passing his hand over it and thus turning it into the colour image seen above right! As one would expect, there is no documentation of this event, no independent witnesses and even the Australian lady who made the claim that she had handed him the photo and experienced this cannot be found, nor has she deposited any affidavit or other verifiable statement anywhere to affirm this, as far as can be found.
Robert Perry has written an article (‘The Face of Jesus’) on the image on the Sai Baba photo where he traces the original of it – which a painting created in 1935 by an Armenian artist named Aggemian and which is copyrighted in 1979 by VARI-VUE in Pelham, New York. Sai Baba’s alleged ‘manifestation’ is a poor reproduction, but of exactly the same image including the facial dimensions and every hair in the moustache and beard!
It is not hard to palm a colour photo of a well-known image (which was probably held out to Sai Baba for days on end – as is the rule – before he deigned to touch it). This gave him time to arrange for the substitute and for palming it at darshan. He uses misdirect of attention quite skilfully often. However, if you believe in Sai Baba, you would have to believe in anything and everything that is claimed about him, because he says he adheres 100% strictly to the truth. He has never denied that story, and it has been spread far and wide throughout the Sai Organization and movement, not least by the fully signed-up believer and devotee, David Jevons of the Ramala Centre in Glastonbury, and on various websites.
Posted in Faith, Gurus, Heavy News Insider, India, Jesus, Miracles, Uncategorized, World religions | 1 Comment »
Posted by robertpriddy on August 2, 2007
Consider the following comparisons made by Barry Newton of Australia (ex-devotee) between some aspects of Sai Baba and Jesus of Nazareth:-
· “Jesus had no fears at all, nor bodyguards in the face of vigorous objection to His tirades directed at the temple priests, and even during his arrest showed the most divine loving compassion when he healed the severed ear of the Roman soldier who was there to arrest Him at His betrayal. Yet armed guards are everywhere in Sai Baba’s ashram.
· Jesus spoke by His actions, the like of which no number of words could describe, yet we were very often warned in the Sathya Sai Organisation that “the hollow vessel makes the most noise.” Funny that, because Sai Baba and all but a very rare few in the Sathya Sai Organization talk lots and do little (actually nothing).
· Jesus had no home and fed the multitudes, yet Sai Baba lives in luxury while the villagers outside the ashram live in squalor and obviously go hungry.
· Jesus chose to be among the outcasts of society – publicans, prostitutes, tax collectors, the sick and despised, yet Sai Baba invariably interviews the obviously well off, wealthy, or important, and the ashram is walled off from the villagers outside.
· Jesus traveled to all parts of the land and to different countries to give the benefit of His presence and message, yet Sai Baba will not leave his native area.
· Jesus’ life was open for all to witness at all times, yet Sai Baba has two appearances of around twenty minutes a day only.
· Jesus ate with whomever offered food, Sai Baba eats specially prepared meals away from all in private.
· Jesus healed the sick in open view of all, Sai Baba does not.
(There are reports that some sick people in the village of Puttaparthi say that they are not allowed into the so called free “Super Specialty Hospital”, and were too afraid to go there even after a devotee offered to accompany them. Actions such as these speak far more convincingly and louder than the innumerable talks on such topics as the five human values).
· Jesus said (aphorism #5, Gospel of Thomas) “Know what is in front of your face, and what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you. For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed.” and (aphorism #40, Gospel of Thomas) “A grapevine has been planted away from the father. Since it is not strong, it will be pulled up by the root and will perish.”
Posted in Faith, Gurus, healing, Heavy News Insider, India, Jesus, Miracles, New Age, Propaganda, World religions | Leave a Comment »