Sathya Sai Central Trust disinformation
Posted by robertpriddy on April 28, 2011
The Sathya Sai Central trust gave an hour long press conference. As usual it was marked by bland unsubstantiated statements meaning nothing, with no supplementary questions allowed. The press corps left very unsatisfied with the Trust for not answering questions. The Chandigarth Tribune, among many other prominent Indian newspapers, published much the same facts I reported in my previous blog. A brief excerpt follows:-
Casket ordered 20 days before Baba’s death!
Suresh Dharur/TNS Hyderabad, April 27
Hours after the burial of Sathya Sai Baba, a major controversy broke out over the coffin procured by the ashram authorities. It has emerged that the casket was ordered on April 4, almost three weeks before the demise of Baba.
The revelation, made before the media by a Bengaluru-based supplier of caskets, has come as a major embarrassment for the Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust (SSSCT) which is already facing public criticism for its alleged non-transparent style of functioning.
The disclosure has triggered several disturbing questions about the functioning the Trust and the way it handled Baba’s health condition. Questions are being raised as to why the casket was ordered on April 4 when the official bulletins kept insisting that Baba’s condition was stable. Why was the order routed through Hyderabad? Did the authorities fear the worst, but continued to mislead the devotees?
The Sathya Sai Central Trust made the following statements, the truth of many of which are in quite extreme doubt:-
“1. The trust owns hospitals, schools etc, all run for charity, and hence no question of there being a commercial value on these lands, as no money is made from them
2. All financial matters are audited and sent to the government, in the last 4 years the trust received an average of Rs 130 crores per year and had expenses of around Rs 75 crores, so it is quite a modest trust.
3. Sai Baba was perfectly fine till his last few days and till he was admitted on March 28th, he was carrying on all his activities normally and was in perfect mental state to make all his decisions. He choose to have his own doctor before March 28th, and the trust had nothing to do with it. We presume that whatever medication that was given, if at all there was any before March 28th, would have been taken by him normally.
4. After March 28th, the best possible treatment was given to him by a team of experts, but he did not recover. Twice a day medical bulletins were issued on his health and its there for all to see.
5. There is no question of a successor to Sai baba as Chairman of the trust, at the moment…but, the trust will meet soon and decide on all policy matters including administration, check signing authority etc.
6. There is no “will” left by Sai baba as far as we know. Sai Baba had nothing in his own name to leave a will. All issues regarding his trust are recorded in the statute of the trust, and we the trustees appointed personally by him, have the responsibility of running it as per the statute after his lifetime.
7. The Trust did not order any casket for Sai baba on April 4th. A devotee had supplied it to the hospital after his death on April 27th.”
The Sathya Sai Organization and the Central Trust are extremely tight-lipped, autocratic, top-down and secretively clandestine. They do not admit of questions at conferences, unless prepared by well-instructed ‘stooges’, which many devotees are willing to perform, so indoctrinated are they.
As to the many and diverse allegations against Sathya Sai Baba and his institutions, he has instructed that no one should reply to them or get involved, saying that if one goes into the gutter one will get dirty, or words to that effect. However, he did allow his main internet and radio propagandist, Dr. G. Venkataraman (a key SS Central Trust member), to reply in a very lengthy, rambling and non-documented disingenuous article, which can be seen here along with the step-by-step and documented rebuttal by myself and Barry Pittard. See The Sathya Sai Organization’s Deception and Propaganda exposed
In addition to this, the Sathya Sai authorities have silently endorsed the full-time character assassination attempts by Gerald ‘Joe’ Moreno (who claims not to be even a devotee of SB, though he has devoted his life to the dirty task for about 7 years so far). He has created websites and blogs against many dissidents with titles like “Robert Priddy Deceptions Exposed”, and worked tirelessly to get them high on search engines. I have countered the contrived and insubstantial – but very lengthy – sites and blogs against me at my blog Robert Priddy Not Exposed. A better exemplar of all that the teachings of Sai Baba condemns and of untruthful denial (he was molested illegally by Sai Baba in private, he has himself described what occurred and his confusion about it, though he considered it a blessing! Despite a period where he thought Sai Baba to be a sexual abuser!”) All this can be summarily viewed from the page GERALD MORENO at the head of this blog.
Second OPEN LETTER to the PRASHANTHI COUNCIL on the organization’s support of libels Also ignored, demonstrating the passive acceptance of libels and character assasination by Moreno made on their behalf.